Wigan Family Welfare est 1958 offers several free counselling services to residents of Wigan, Ashton & Leigh. We are a warm & welcoming organisation that is happy to help.
There is no charge for our counselling services:
Appointments from 8am – 4pm at Scholes office in Wigan Telephone 867888
- Counselling for adults who are feeling angry – therapy for anger related concerns. Everyone has their own reasons for feeling angry/stressed/frustrated – we will work with these reasons, and you as a person.
- New & expectant parents counselling – If your partner is pregnant or has recently had a baby.
- Ante/post Natal depression counselling
- Child bereavement – counselling for children who have had someone in their life that has died.
- Child Anger – counselling for children who display anger
- General counselling – we are sometimes able to offer this thanks to our trainee/volunteers, phone for details.
- CBT – Wednesdays – Anxiety & depression
There is no charge for counselling sessions. Sessions are treated confidentially and are ‘one-one’.
Please call the number provided to self refer. You can leave a message outside of these hours and we will call you back. Please state if it is okay to leave a message.
If you have used our services before you are welcome to use them again.
Mon-Fri 9am – 5pm
Training, qualifications & experience
Counsellors are qualified BACP registered counsellors and we are an accredited organisation by British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP). Counsellors undertake continual training throughout the year and are all either accredited or working towards accreditation.
The organisation and counsellors abide by The British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy’s ethical framework.